[3dem] 2 PostDoc positions Vannini Lab, Human Technopole, Milan, Italy

alex van alexvannini75 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 02:58:08 PST 2023

Dear all,

2 PostDoctoral positions (4 years contracts, on first instance)  are available in our laboratory at Human Technopole, Milan, Italy.

The Vannini Group combines cryo-electron microscopy (both SPA and cryo-ET), mass spectrometry, single molecule analisys and various biophysical techniques to elucidate the role of multi-subunit macromolecular machineries involved in genome function and organization. In particular, we are interested in understanding at the molecular level how the SMC complexes and general transcription factors, together with specific auxiliary factors and chromatin remodellers, control the architecture of the human genome throughout the cell cycle.

The HT Centre of Structural Biology has top-notch managed facilities for Cryo-EM (Titan Krios, 1 Glacios, 1 Aquilos2, 1 Spectra, 1 Talos 120), cryo-CLEM, Light imaging, XL- and native mass -pectrometry and support units for Biophysics (mass photometry, SEC-MALLS, ITC, x-ray crystallography etc), Biomass production (E,coli, yeast, insect cells, suspension mammalian cells with fermenters up to 150 litres) and a dedicated managed platform for single molecule experiments on optical tweezers (Lumicks C-trap and M-trap).

Please apply at:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://careers.humantechnopole.it/o/postdoc-vannini-group-structural-biology-research-centre__;!!Mih3wA!GGn-5CSu1wKn058hqESp1Ben9NRjdHOWutYq7ITcvY_XOjxanXb2W4aq09dqFOlt5rGxhzhwntnQHTMGH2IJNbbncA$

Fro formal enquiries please contact me at alessandro.vanniniATfht.org

We start to shortlist candidates which fit well the job description before the deadline (15th January 2024).

Why Human Technopole?
HT seeks scientific excellence, we recruit the best scientific talents through international, open calls.
Our working environment is international, friendly and inclusive. Our scientists work together across disciplines on research topics of biomedical relevance, leveraging synergies between their diverse skillsets and methodological approaches.
We believe that highly diverse teams yield the best and most innovative results.
We engage in outward-facing scientific activities aimed at benefiting the national and international research community. Training is also at the heart of our activity, with initiatives and opportunities for our staff, including scientific courses, conferences and workshops.

Main benefits:

Welfare plans.
Canteen service.
Work-life balance provisions.
Italian language training for foreigners.
Parental leave up to 1 year and other support for new parents.
Counseling.
Flexible working hours.
Remote working policy.
Support for relocation.
Researchers coming to Italy for the first time, or returning after residing abroad, benefit from very attractive income tax benefits.

Best wishes,

Ale