[3dem] Postdoc and Research Coordinator @ Center of Excellence “Chemical Mechanisms of Life" Uppsala, Sweden

Sebastian Westenhoff sebastian.westenhoff at kemi.uu.se
Wed Nov 22 04:51:29 PST 2023

Dear everyone,

we hereby announce five positions (4 Postdocs and 1 Research Coordinator) to join our newly, funded by Swedish Research Council, Center of Excellence “Chemical Mechanisms of Life”.

Four Postdoctoral positions within the Chemistry Mechanism of Life Center of Excellence at Uppsala University - Uppsala University, Sweden<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676503&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avSKHjIYo$ >
jobb.uu.se<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676503&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avSKHjIYo$ >

[cid:9F901AE3-8539-4564-935C-CB6C17F8DF4B]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676503&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avSKHjIYo$ >

The Chemical Mechanisms of Life is a new Center of Excellence, funded by the Swedish Research Council. It is located at the Departments of Chemistry - BMC and Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology at Uppsala University. The Center is driven by four research leaders (Lanekoff, Erdelyi, Petzold, Westenhoff) and is expected to expand into a large consortium through incoming research visits, interdisciplinary interactions, summer/winter schools, seminar series, teaching activities, and more. The overarching goal of the Chemical Mechanisms of Life Center is to provide an in-depth view of the chemical mechanisms that are important to sustain life by fostering interaction between commonly defined disciplines.

Postdoc: Four positions are available and each Postdoc is expected to work on research projects in one of the founding groups, while maintaining a high level of collaboration across the Center. Successful candidates can have a background relevant to the focus of chemistry of life, which may be in bioinformatics, mass spectrometry (MS), nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR), single-particle cryo-electron microscopy (EM) of biological material, protein crystallography, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or organic chemistry; all applied to either small molecules, such as lipids, peptides, synthetic compounds and metabolites, or to large molecules, such as proteins and RNA in a biological context. In addition to working in a highly interdisciplinary setting and within the research groups of Lanekoff, Erdelyi, Petzold, and Westenhoff, the candidates will have the opportunity to influence the undertaken projects. The selected projects will be on the central theme “chemical mechanisms of life” and may range from elucidating the circadian clock machinery to ribosome regulation and deciphering molecular interplay in cellular membranes.
Research Coordinator - Uppsala University, Sweden<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676492&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avfiml8u4$ >
jobb.uu.se<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676492&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avfiml8u4$ >

[cid:9F901AE3-8539-4564-935C-CB6C17F8DF4B]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobb.uu.se/details/?positionId=676492&languageId=1__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avfiml8u4$ >

Research Coordinator: We are now seeking a highly motivated research coordinator, who will become a cornerstone in the operation of this Center of Excellence. We welcome an individual, preferably with an academic background, who proactively, collaboratively and independently can advance the Center’s objectives.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.

Best wishes,

Sebastian Westenhoff

--
Karin and Herbert Jacobssons Professor of Biochemistry
UNIVERSITY OF UPPSALA

Professor of Biophysical Chemistry
UNIVERSITY OF GOTHENBURG

M. +46 766 18 39 36
E. westenho at chem.gu.se<mailto:westenho at chem.gu.se>
W. https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.westenhofflab.net/__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avZlJdL6P$
Z. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gu-se.zoom.us/my/westenhoffmeetingroom__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avUX5mZF6$

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avQel9A08$

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy__;!!Mih3wA!GmrNoh4jpeHrW6D6I9ZdohUEW2Sgr69HmP4hUgftxowd8E9UytDAkrNm0pIYQ63stLwN8eFelV8uJvwpan8x4Q6avY6EVtUN$