[3dem] Postdoctoral position in structural biology at the Institut Pasteur

Pablo Guardado Calvo pablo.guardado at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:54:07 PST 2023

Dear all,

A two-year postdoctoral position is available in my group at the Institut
Pasteur (Paris, France). We investigate the molecular mechanism of viral
entry into target cells combining structural biology, biophysics,
computational and virology approaches. The goal is to use the resulting
information to develop vaccines and therapies. You can check our previous
work in: Serris et al. Cell (2020, PMIDs: 32937107), Guardado-Calvo et al.
Science (2017, 29097548) or Mitler et al. Science Translational Medicine
(2023, 37315110).

We are looking for a person with a good track record and an excellent
motivation to pursue a career in structural virology. The postdoctoral
fellow will be in charge of characterising protein complexes using
cryo-electron microscopy and of setting up functional assays to
characterise their activity in vitro. The group is hosted in friendly and
dynamic environment with extensive opportunities to learn new techniques
and establish collaborations. We have fully equipped P1 and P2 labs and the
Institut Pasteur is equipped with start-of-the-art microscopes, including
two 200 kV Glacios and a 300 kV Titan Krios equipped with a Falcon 4
detector and an energy filter. The synchrotron Soleil is less than 1 hour
from the Institut and we have fluid access to the crystallography and
biophysics platforms, which are excellently equipped.

Required qualifications
• A PhD in structural biology, biochemistry, biophysics or virology.
• Documented experience in at least one of the following techniques:
structural biology (cryo-electron microscopy or crystallography) or
virology (neutralisation or fusion assays).
• Good interpersonal skills

The application should contain
1. A letter of motivation (1 page) with a short description of your
research interests.
2. A CV, including a list of relevant skills, experiences and a full
publication list.
3. Names and e-mail addresses of 2-3 reference persons, indicating their
professional relation to you.

The starting date is negotiable. Ideally around February/March 2024. The
deadline for this application is the 20th December 2023.

Informal inquiries and application should be sent to Pablo Guardado-Calvo (
guardado at pasteur.fr)

For more information, just follow this link:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://research.pasteur.fr/en/job/postdoctoral-position-in-structural-biology-of-poxviruses/__;!!Mih3wA!Gc1RVuRQYVcuqC3UApDoFoO1nfuxhLuw39na1F1pUyJsRXLLD3B3lnwMcpfCZNPdsQKhEs0H-q80STSnKCtnCKg6tcM$