[3dem] GCtfFind is open source now

Shawn Zheng szheng at czii.org
Sun Nov 5 15:09:45 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues:

GCtfFind is a new application for the CTF estimation of cryoET tilt series
and cryoEM micrographs and can be downloaded via via
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/czimaginginstitute__;!!Mih3wA!CkNsaxn_2RoKz-Lpt3tF5adxGZpdbeajVqC0K2knUTGHhtklcSzLzOyGKyuxi2Qcu8ztZAjyjftCA7bH$ .

GCtfFind can serve both cryoET and cryoEM communities for fast and reliable
CTF estimation. The highly efficient batch processing mode, achieved by
overlapping disk IO with computation, automates CTF estimation on large
data sets, exempting users from writing Linux scripts, a non-trivial effort
for many users without programming experience.

GCtfFind automatically determines parameter search range based on the
magnification of data collection, making it robust and convenient to
process data sets collected across a broad range of defocus.

Please note that this is our initial effort along this line. Further
development will be made as soon as we have extra bandwidth. As always,
your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Shawn