[3dem] Post-doctoral position for cryo-EM studies of DNA repair in London

Basil Greber basilgreber at gmx.net
Tue May 23 00:02:31 PDT 2023

Dear cryo-EM community,

We are looking for a post-doctoral training fellow to join my laboratory in the Division of Structural Biology at the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), based in central London. The position will be available immediately but candidates graduating from their PhD in the next few months are still encouraged to apply.

The mechanisms by which cells preserve the integrity of their genomes are critical to our understanding of cancer biology and are a focus of several research groups at the ICR. We seek to recruit a post-doctoral research scientist who will pursue an innovative and multidisciplinary research project to investigate the molecular mechanisms of nucleotide excision repair by combining cryo-electron microscopy with biochemical and biophysical methods. Our previous contributions to the field of nucleotide excision repair include the determination of the complete structure of the human transcription factor IIH (Greber et al., Nature 549, 2017; Greber et al., eLife 8, 2019; Greber et al., PNAS 117, 2020), the centrepiece of this pathway. Most recently, we have developed high-resolution cryo-EM workflows for structure-based drug design using the CAK sub-complex of TFIIH (Cushing et al., bioRxiv, 2023, doi: 10.1101/2023.04.07.536029).

This position will be suitable for experienced cryo-electron microscopists, but we also very much welcome applications from candidates with in-depth expertise in biochemistry of DNA/RNA-protein complexes, helicases, or DNA repair assemblies who take an interest in developing their structural biology skills.

The job posting as well as further information can be found at the link below. Please note that while informal enquiries by e-mail are most welcome, applications will need to be submitted through the online portal accessible at the link below:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.icr.ac.uk/vacancies/608/postdoctoral-training-fellow--structural-biology-of-dna-repair-complexes-id-608.html__;!!Mih3wA!HF17O4MoBsrY5iBCVhvDHl7nLZNmD7gAYZUPYrWH-08HowdbRvBJm3yQeRAIGRyuNHdjvD1GuLbu9V6keosS1Hg$

Closing date for this opportunity is June 4th, 2023. As always, I would appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to interested candidates who may not be subscribers to this list.

Best regards,

Basil

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.greberlab.org__;!!Mih3wA!HF17O4MoBsrY5iBCVhvDHl7nLZNmD7gAYZUPYrWH-08HowdbRvBJm3yQeRAIGRyuNHdjvD1GuLbu9V6khl0CQOw$