[3dem] Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM Center (S2C2) Image Processing Workshop for Cryo-Electron Microscopy

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 24 15:26:07 PDT 2023

We are pleased to announce the upcoming 2023 Image Processing Workshop for Cryo-Electron Microscopy<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryoem-s2c2.slac.stanford.edu/training/workshops/2023-cryo-electron-microscopy-workshop__;!!Mih3wA!GLlxSYwIyhGECB2enjVRZLaLzRTZS6ua8ZOLI5wluB8cEZpkQqYpiKp41Fp0XDeuYj0ndudNxoh02SW8IigrSg4$ > at Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM Center (S2C2) on May 17-19, 2023.  The workshop will alternate theoretical discussions with practical examples using experimental data with a main focus on Single Particle Analysis (SPA).  We will demonstrate simultaneously how to apply different software packages at different stages of the image processing pipeline (like Relion, Xmipp, CryoSPARC, among others), a task that we will achieve transparently using the software integration framework Scipion.  We will also address some advanced topics in Tomography in which an extra degree of robustness can be introduced along similar lines as those introduced in SPA with the help of Scipion running iMod, EMAN, Relion, Dynamo, and Xmipp. Attendees are expected to be familiar with standard image processing pipelines in Single Particle Analysis. On the last day the talks on theory and practices will focus on advanced image processing topics, as well as their connection with molecular motion, 3D visualization, atomic modeling, structure validation, and drug design.

This will be a hybrid workshop.  Due to available resources, we will have only 50 spots for onsite hands-on practical participation with all others attending via Zoom.

We welcome all to register at the following link: 2023 Image Processing Workshop for Cryo-Electron Microscopy | S2C2 |Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM Center<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryoem-s2c2.slac.stanford.edu/content/2023-image-processing-workshop-for-cryo-electron-microscopy__;!!Mih3wA!GLlxSYwIyhGECB2enjVRZLaLzRTZS6ua8ZOLI5wluB8cEZpkQqYpiKp41Fp0XDeuYj0ndudNxoh02SW8yZmgtC4$ >.  You will also need to fill out an online conference access form  Conference Attendee | Coming to SLAC (stanford.edu)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://vue.slac.stanford.edu/UFVA/conference-attendee__;!!Mih3wA!GLlxSYwIyhGECB2enjVRZLaLzRTZS6ua8ZOLI5wluB8cEZpkQqYpiKp41Fp0XDeuYj0ndudNxoh02SW8X2tmN0U$ >, required by SLAC guidelines. These steps must be completed in order to be considered for both "Practical" and "Zoom" participation.

The registration deadline for in-person participation is April 10, 2023.  Notification of acceptance to the first-round of "Practical" participants will be sent out on April 14, all others will receive notice beginning April 17.  The deadline for virtual participation is May 5, 2023.  Zoom details for this workshop will be sent with notifications of acceptance.
The S2C2 is supported by the National Institutes of Health Common Fund Transformative High Resolution Cryo-Electron Microscopy<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://commonfund.nih.gov/cryoem__;!!Mih3wA!GLlxSYwIyhGECB2enjVRZLaLzRTZS6ua8ZOLI5wluB8cEZpkQqYpiKp41Fp0XDeuYj0ndudNxoh02SW8GfRa9Lc$ > program.