[3dem] microscope installation

Paolo Swuec paolo.swuec at fht.org
Fri Jun 30 02:08:11 PDT 2023

Dear Morgan

We are based in Milan (Italy), so they work from 0 to 40 deg Celsius. This is our current setup:

  *   Titan -> water-water chiller
  *   Glacios -> water-water chiller
  *   Aquilos  -> water-water chiller
  *   Spectra  -> air-water chiller
  *   Talos L120C  -> air-water chiller

They all work the same on our site. Initially though, we have put the air-cooled chillers of the Spectra and Talos outside (we were waiting for indoor space to be renovated). During the last summer (min T 28 and max 42 deg C), the two chillers failed and had to be replaced. After the renovation we managed to bring the chillers inside one of the tech area, and since then I sleep peacefully. We literally cut a hole in the whole so the hot air is extracted directly outside, this brings no need of extra AC in the chiller room.

Feel free to fly over if you want to have a look.

Best,

Paolo

Paolo Swuec
Head of Cryo-EM Facility
Cryo-EM Facility
Human Technopole
Palazzo Italia
Viale Rita Levi Montalcini, 1
20157 Milan, Italy
T. +39 02-30247442
M. +39 3427758814
E. paolo.swuec at fht.org
Prima di stampare questa e-mail, pensa all’ambiente.
Before printing this e-mail, think of the environment
Legal Disclaimer
The information contained in or accompanying this email and any attachment thereto, is intended solely for the use of the stated recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment by anyone who is not the stated recipient is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system without retaining a copy.