[3dem] Postdoc Position in Cryo-EM Studies of Amyloids in Neurodegenerative Diseases

Ozcan, Kadir Ali kozcan at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 19 11:45:28 PDT 2023

The Jiang lab<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jiang.bio.purdue.edu__;!!Mih3wA!F0lZ7JUzHibz5c1Tf5cBnLpnskLb2ZNKfbzlEHdQzfeQVWY2I3HwbE5rROr27hHJBMq_SnBlBMAm4khZwzvV$ > at Purdue University is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our team and work on cryo-EM structural studies of amyloids in neurodegenerative diseases. The Jiang lab is located immediately next to the Purdue Cryo-EM Facility<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryoem.bio.purdue.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!F0lZ7JUzHibz5c1Tf5cBnLpnskLb2ZNKfbzlEHdQzfeQVWY2I3HwbE5rROr27hHJBMq_SnBlBMAm4mw6j3ek$ > which operates two Titan Krios microscopes equipped with a K3 direct electron detector, and accessory equipment for sample grid preparation and screening. An Aquilos 2 cryo-FIB-SEM will be installed in early 2024 for in situ structural studies.

The ideal candidate should have:

- Passion for cryo-EM structural studies

- Ideally, prior experience in cryo-EM sample screening, data collection, and image processing/3D reconstruction, but relevant experiences in structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, and computations will also be considered

- Ability to work independently and as part of a team

- Excellent communication and writing skills

This NIH-funded postdoc position is available immediately. To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter describing your research interests and career goals, and the contact information of three references to Prof. Wen Jiang at jiang12 at purdue.edu<mailto:jiang12 at purdue.edu>.