[3dem] position for PhD student or post-doc in statistical image processing at DFKI / Germany

Tim Dahmen Tim.Dahmen at dfki.de
Wed Jun 14 05:57:12 PDT 2023

Dear All,

I have a position on my team at the German Research Centre for
Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) in Saarbrücken, Germany, for a skilled
computer scientist (m/w/d) who specialized in statistical image
processing and microscopy. The topic of the project is adaptive sampling
for in-situ microscopy and spectroscopy, so we will extend our previous
work in pixel-adaptive sampling in scanning electron microscopy to
in-situ movies and hyperspectral imaging. The work at my team will be
purely computational, but we will collaborate closely with the Luxemburg
Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) and Thermo Fisher Scientific
for prototype implementation and method realization in hardware.

The position can be shaped as a PhD student position (3 years contract
at 100% salary) with the possibility to obtain your PhD. Alternatively,
we can also hire an ambitious post-doc (again 3 years contract at 100%)
with appropriately extended responsibilities (help in supervising PhD
and master students, help in project management and funding acquisition
etc).

If you are interested, please apply here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.dfki.de/en/vacancy/en-senior-researcher-m-f-d-528822.html__;!!Mih3wA!Fccdqub1kj9uur_tb0k2aB3TBkpuQ563HJbAtfjyaYEnalZ6CPHSn6Iu3rWfuHA2aJJqt_Ca5L_zHjfp0yQ6Uss$

best regards

     Tim Dahmen

--
Dr. Tim Dahmen
Team Leader Computational 3D Imaging

Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH, DFKI
Saarland Informatics Campus D3.2
Raum 2.36 AB
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
D-66123 Saarbrücken

Tel.: +49 6 81 / 8 57 75 - 10 45
Fax.: +49 6 81 / 8 57 75 - 22 35
Internet: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.dfki.de__;!!Mih3wA!Fccdqub1kj9uur_tb0k2aB3TBkpuQ563HJbAtfjyaYEnalZ6CPHSn6Iu3rWfuHA2aJJqt_Ca5L_zHjfp9RAC90Y$

   Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
   Trippstadter Strasse 122, 67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
   Geschäftsführung:
   Prof. Dr. Antonio Krüger
   Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
   Dr. Gabriël Clemens