[3dem] Assistant Professor, Structural Biology/Cryo-EM, Cryo-ET

Bullitt, Esther bullitt at bu.edu
Thu Jun 8 07:26:08 PDT 2023

Assistant Professor, Structural Biology/Cryo-EM, Cryo-ET

The Department of Pharmacology, Physiology & Biophysics (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bumc.bu.edu/PPB__;!!Mih3wA!CbOg_zki60LIQAzdX6N9TptX8ePBjeX-KShpSbr7prnlNRk-6dK0QRw9jcFSs_thjtknQDr-k5Yce3PXPQ$ ) at the Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is seeking to recruit a new faculty member at the Assistant Professor level with an innovative Structural Biology research program.

Our Department is expanding our current cryo-EM facilities to include a Glacios-2 Cryo-EM, equipped with a Selectris energy filter and a Falcon 4i camera, and with access to the Boston University supercomputers. We are specifically in search of a prominent expert in an emerging biomedical field focused on structure/function of membrane assemblies related to cardiovascular mechanisms, cellular metabolism, cancer biology, or neuronal function. The candidate must possess expertise in cryogenic electron microscopy (cryo-EM) for elucidating the structure and function of membrane-associated macromolecular assemblies of biomedical interest at atomic level resolution.

The candidate should have a proven track record of innovative research and funding in these areas, along with first author publications demonstrating expertise in the application of cryo-EM methodology and a strong background in protein purification and sample preparation. Our department values collaboration, collegiality, diversity, inclusivity, and creative partnerships in diverse fields with a focus on advancing basic and translational research. Please submit to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/24849__;!!Mih3wA!CbOg_zki60LIQAzdX6N9TptX8ePBjeX-KShpSbr7prnlNRk-6dK0QRw9jcFSs_thjtknQDr-k5aXYUZyuw$  your CV, a 2-3 page research plan and 3 letters of support by August 15. For any inquiries please contact: Michelle Wiggins:mksmith at bu.edu<mailto:mksmith at bu.edu>