[3dem] Tvips Camera problem "There is no camera initialized"

RAFAEL.NUÑEZ.RAMIREZ.590402 rafael.nunez at cib.csic.es
Fri Jul 21 02:18:14 PDT 2023

Dear EM Colleagues,

we have a JEOL 1230 TEM equipped with a TVIPS TemCam F416 camera.
After an intervention in the microscope for JEOL engineer to fix a
panel board controlling a stage movement engine, our camera is not
working properly.

When we try to start the camera program it shows the following message
“There is no camera initialized” and after that the program stops
(image attached).

We have done all the following trying to solve the problem:
-We have rebooted all the systems several times: Microscope, Camera
power supply, reset camera, camera PC, etc. When the camera got frozen
previously, reboot all the systems solved the problem but not this time.
-We have checked all wires between
         Power Supply and the Camera
         Camera and Camera PC
         Micro PC and Camera PC
         Camera and shutterbox
integrity of the wires and connectors seems ok
-Water cooling system seems to work OK

The Log of control program in the Camera PC indicate that the camera
is not initialized as if the camera PC was not able to detect the
camera but the optic wire between Camera PC and Camera seems ok and
has not been manipulated by the JEOL engineer. We attach the Log (text
file) for reference.

If any of you have experienced similar problem it would be very
helpful if you have any idea of how to solve this. We are in contact
with the local technical service (Aname). They are trying to contact
TVIPS technical service but we have no received an answer yet.

Thank you in advance
--
Dr. Rafael Núñez-Ramírez
Servicio de Microscopía Electrónica