[3dem] Advice for grid storage for a new lab

Abris Bendes Abris.Bendes at abo.fi
Wed Jul 5 03:30:28 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We are setting up a cryoEM sample preparation lab (mostly for SPA) from scratch, and still missing some smaller equipment and consumables. I would like to ask for your input on what is regarded as best practices for a smaller starting-out lab. What is currently the best option for boxes and storage of non-clipped grids? I have seen the emergence of twist-top grid boxes (eg from SWISSCI) and pucks (eg MiTeGen Gen 2), but have no experience with them. Any suggestions or other tips, not just for storage options, for a beginner lab would be most welcome.

Best regards,

Abris

Ábris Á. Bendes, PhD

InFLAMES Flagship postdoctoral researcher

Salminen lab / SBL / Åbo Akademi University

Jalkanen and Hollmén lab / MediCity / University of Turku