[3dem] Falcon 3 output

Takanori Nakane tnakane.protein at osaka-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 6 14:40:07 PST 2023

Hi,

In counting mode images from Falcon3 written in MRC (not EER),
one electron is rendered as a 3x3 pixel blob that sums to 100.
This is why Falcon movies do not compress well.
(I have been asking TFS to add an option to render one electron
as 1 for many years...)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://relion.readthedocs.io/en/release-3.1/Reference/MovieCompression.html*falcon3-falcon4__;Iw!!Mih3wA!D3GRVMU_kS7Y6Jdb6GVPj_pB-WRlDwY7YkckrRxtmNYwptzEA4-k9rQx9u6KehIkptjiB2Kqd5_VhsssAAr8SxfermI7QC-5Lr0$

Thus, "mean = 2382" corresponds to 24 e/px, consistent with
your expectation "20 - 25 electrons per pixel".

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane