[3dem] 5th ESRF-INSTRUCT workshop on sample preparation for cryo-EM, May 23-24-25, 2023

Gregory Effantin greg.effantin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:50:47 PST 2023

Dear colleague,

We are pleased to announce our 2.5-day practical workshop on sample
preparation for cryo-EM single particle
data collection jointly organised by the ESRF, IBS, EMBL Grenoble and ILL.
This is the fifth of a series of practical
hands-on workshops started in 2018. This workshop is aimed at PhDs,
PostDocs and young scientists new to the
field of single particle cryo-EM and will be held at the European Photon
Neutron campus, Grenoble, France from
* May 23rd to 25**th **2023*. During the course, participants will learn
theoretical and practical aspects of sample
preparation for single particle cryo-EM including prior quality control by
negative staining. The participants will
also learn on quality assessment of the grids prepared by them.

There is *no registration fee* and meals and accommodation during the
workshop will be provided free of charge.
However, participants should arrange and pay for their own travel to/from
Grenoble. A maximum of 12 participants
will be selected and we will accept a limited number of participants’
samples to be tested during the workshop. In
case that you plan to bring your own sample, please clearly mention this in
your cover letter, also indicating the
importance of the project.

Application for the workshop is open
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://survey.esrf.fr/index.php/849989?newtest=Y&lang=en__;!!Mih3wA!CuqZHS4y-jA9FneSyva40Vk-4cK8czsFF7eNYVdVqjE8lIf45PsgpMq25F5BDggQ42sNJGgSJTOF0bqc2P2bHG-EZQ$ > and the *deadline
for application is March 26**th**, 2023*. Successful candidates
will be informed during the first week after the deadline. For more
information, please consult
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.esrf.fr/cryo-em1-2022__;!!Mih3wA!CuqZHS4y-jA9FneSyva40Vk-4cK8czsFF7eNYVdVqjE8lIf45PsgpMq25F5BDggQ42sNJGgSJTOF0bqc2P018H6XoQ$ >
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.esrf.fr/home/events/conferences/2023/instruct-cryo-em-workshop.html__;!!Mih3wA!CuqZHS4y-jA9FneSyva40Vk-4cK8czsFF7eNYVdVqjE8lIf45PsgpMq25F5BDggQ42sNJGgSJTOF0bqc2P11xTY3_Q$

This is an in-person workshop and is funded by INSTRUCT (IBS).

Best regards,
Isai (on behalf of the organizing committee)

--

*Dr. Eaazhisai Kandiah*

CM01 beamline

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.esrf.fr/CM01__;!!Mih3wA!CuqZHS4y-jA9FneSyva40Vk-4cK8czsFF7eNYVdVqjE8lIf45PsgpMq25F5BDggQ42sNJGgSJTOF0bqc2P01R_p6zw$