[3dem] Job opening for a postdoctoral position to join the Structural Motility team at the Curie Institute Paris, France

Kikuti Carlos Carlos.Kikuti at curie.fr
Wed Feb 22 04:40:51 PST 2023

Job opening for a postdoctoral position to join the Structural Motility team at the Curie Institute Paris, France.

The Structural Motility team is searching for a post-doctoral fellow to join a dynamic laboratory directed by Anne Houdusse at the Curie Institute (Paris Center).

    We are looking for an expert in structural determination via X-ray crystallography or cryoEM studies.  The project aims to gain insights on molecular motors, in particular for how their cellular role is defined and how they can be targeted in the context of novel therapies against human diseases.  The position will also lead to the development of chemical biology tools and drug candidates. Our team indeed innovate to investigate and understand molecular mechanisms in cells.

By joining our team, the post-doctoral fellow will be given opportunities to direct research for challenging and important biological questions requiring cryoEM approaches and will increase his/her knowledge on the cytoskeletal by functional and cellular studies.  He or she will have access to all the equipment and software necessary for solving X-ray and CryoEM structures, including a brand new 200 kV Glacios electron microscope equipped with a Falcon 4 camera at the Curie Institute.

Our team studies the mechanism and function of force production by molecular motors and has made important discoveries on how force generation can power cellular processes in human health and how mutations in their function lead to disease.  A multi-disciplinary approach that combines structural biology (x-ray and cryoEM), chemical biology and cell biology is being used in our studies.  With such an approach, we decipher how molecular motors produce force by visualizing yet unknown structural states, or by understanding how their activity is regulated. We use chemical biology and cell biology approaches to test insights from structures.  We also investigate and develop specific modulators of the force generated by these motors (including compounds in phase 3 clinical trials) to guide the development of new therapies.

We are looking to recruit and train a dynamic and motivated candidate who is eager to gain independence and take the lead on one of our exciting scientific projects.  Experience in molecular dynamics or cell biology is a plus.

If you are interested, please send a CV and a statement of research interests and goals as well as three letters of recommendation from your previous employers.
Contact : Anne Houdusse (anne.houdusse at curie.fr<mailto:anne.houdusse at curie.fr>)
Website : Structural Motility Team https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://institut-curie.org/team/houdusse__;!!Mih3wA!HPqKWUl9Y6slPyWaNDzYVWbUmEMKSMJC8kUzcHnZ6hDaRt6kyNO1DiVCn-mnwDR4QA4lxy_lrV-wZ39FGOH0KnkBGYo$

Carlos KIKUTI, PhD
UMR144 - CNRS - Institut Curie
Pavillon Trouillet Rossignol
26 Rue d’Ulm - 75005 Paris, France