[3dem] REMINDER - Who will captain the good ship EMDB?

Gerard Kleywegt gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Feb 20 04:15:25 PST 2023

Dear all,

This is just a quick reminder that the application period for the EMDB
Team Leader position is closing this Thursday, 23 February.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI02047__;!!Mih3wA!AyZDtM7avpv7Zj6Kfy-iiM7mkpWeEmAOxQAMvCHuX4so9DU0KajEgnSjuRxNOJQbVrCgnHiZ7nc37bJ-U3WzDCDR$

Best wishes,

--Gerard

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023, Gerard Kleywegt wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> We are living through unprecedented, exciting times for the cryo-EM field.
> For
> EMDB, the past decade has been challenging with sustained exponential(!)
> growth
> of the archive, and rapid methodological changes in the field that need to be
> supported (deposition requirements, metadata, validation).
>
> With continuing major advances in the field (such as in-situ structural
> biology)
> and progress in other relevant fields (such as accurate protein-structure
> prediction methods), the years ahead promise to be equally exciting and
> challenging for EMDB.
>
> To steer EMDB through the high seas of science, we are looking to recruit a
> new
> captain, er, Team Leader (an EMBL Faculty position). Are you (or do you know
> someone who is) an ambitious, mid-career scientist who has the skills, drive
> and
> vision to manage this journey, with the help of an enthusiastic team of
> scientists and software developers?
>
> If you are (or you do), please set sail to:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.embl.org/jobs/position/EBI02047__;!!Mih3wA!F3vKeKzFQRZDJVrAq0VJBEz_xNYFeS3mb6VPZUCdQFIj5S2hMfN5BNdUP9bUy0ljVRYf_kvAo28pgIKlnsY_TMtK$
> for more information.
>
> ---
>
> The Electron Microscopy Data Bank (EMDB; emdb-empiar.org) is one of the three
> core archives of the Worldwide Protein Data Bank organisation (wwPDB;
> wwpdb.org). The activities of the EMDB team at EMBL-EBI include archival,
> curation, integration, visualisation, validation and dissemination of cryo-EM
> data, weekly production processes, planning, coordinating and working with
> our
> wwPDB partners, and outreach, training and public engagement.
>
> We expect the successful candidate to have ample experience with, and a good
> practical and theoretical understanding of cryo-EM/ET, to have experience
> carrying out scientific software development, as well as an ability to write
> successful grants, to manage projects, and to lead a highly skilled team.
>
> The vacancy will close on 23 February 2023 and (virtual) interviews will take
> place on Monday 13 March 2023.
>
> Please feel free to bring this position to the attention of anyone with the
> right skillset who might be interested.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Gerard Kleywegt & Ardan Patwardhan
>
> ---
> Gerard J. Kleywegt, EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
> Head of Molecular and  Cellular Structure
> gerard at ebi.ac.uk pdbe.org emdb-empiar.org
> PA: Roisin Dunlop    pdbe_admin at ebi.ac.uk

Best wishes,

--Gerard

                            Gerard J. Kleywegt

       https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard__;!!Mih3wA!AyZDtM7avpv7Zj6Kfy-iiM7mkpWeEmAOxQAMvCHuX4so9DU0KajEgnSjuRxNOJQbVrCgnHiZ7nc37bJ-U9bu2BmS$    mailto:gerard at xray.bmc.uu.se
    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.