[3dem] PhD projects in 3dem in the IMCBio PhD Call 2023

Florian FÄSSLER Florian.Faessler at ist.ac.at
Thu Feb 9 07:05:53 PST 2023

Dear all,

I would be very grateful if you could forward this ad for PhD projects to potential candidates:

Several group leaders at the IGBMC close to Strasbourg, France, are looking for PhD students via the IMCBio Graduate School to work on cryo-EM/cryo-ET-centered projects. Project descriptions (see Integrated Structural Biology section) and application portal can be found at:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://imcbio-phdprogram.unistra.fr/__;!!Mih3wA!A-0mdIhNpE9Pcws52iWSZgiXD0_vbMScf8raJxYlqt1WbDA3NFuzq7xQHQSHSE3diecUVQCs2eMTt_DaC4FuU_xmUGLJeqM$

Registration deadline will be on March 1, 2023, at noon (CET), and applications have to be finalized by March 6, 2023, at noon (CET).

The project offered by my upcoming group aims at exploring the (ultra-) structures governing the architecture of the Golgi apparatus, which is a central factor for the Golgi’s roles in glycan processing, protein transport, and cell polarity. Our approach will be built around cryo-focused ion beam milling of single cells, cryo-electron tomography, and subtomogram averaging and will be supported by reverse genetics, cell biology, and biochemistry techniques.

For more information, please check out
“PhD 2023-1: Deciphering the (ultra-) structural mechanisms of Golgi stacking”
on the website linked above.
There you can also find my contact details in case you have further questions.

Best regards,
Florian Fäßler

Starting from March 2023:
Inserm Junior Professor Chair
Department of Integrated Structural Biology
IGBMC - UMR 7104 - U 1258
1, rue Laurent Fries
67404 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
FRANCE