[3dem] Postdoctoral Position - Structure & Function of Ion Channels

Serysheva, Irina I Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:54:26 PST 2023

Postdoctoral Position - Structure & Function of Ion Channels

A postdoctoral research position in structural biology is available in the laboratory of Irina Serysheva in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Our university offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.

We are seeking a motivated person to join our research team and contribute to our projects focused on molecular mechanisms underlying molecular transport across cellular membranes with specific emphasis on calcium channels. Our research integrates a diverse array of methods, including biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, cell biology, electron cryo-microscopy and bioinformatics. The postdoctoral fellow will have ready access to the top-of-the-line equipment and resources necessary for the above approaches. For cryo-EM, we have access to eight microscopes on our campus: Titan Krios, two Glacios, Aquilos Cryo-FIB/iFLM™, JEOL3200FSC, JEOL2200FS, JEOL2100, JEOL1230 and dedicated GPU+CPU clusters. The position is funded for 2.5 years (possible extension up to 4 years).
Lab Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://med.uth.edu/bmb/serysheva/__;!!Mih3wA!AMS1XR9BaiDOKX6cuGebWqlMsXWarlRIzsdFSKqEXjfMy450LJ0kBc5rGTJc49qv5kcouX7SrWeybKt_wIFPoc4yrMqGHkWc6Q$

Candidates must hold a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree. Experience in biochemistry and/or structural biology would be an advantage. Interested individuals should send a CV, a statement of interest, and a list of three references as a single pdf file to: Irina Serysheva (Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu).

Our University values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.

Irina I. Serysheva, Ph.D.

Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Director of Structural Biology Imaging Center

McGovern Medical School

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

6431 Fannin, MSB 6.102, Houston, TX 77030

Tel.: 713-500-5523 (office); 713-500-6232 (lab)

Fax: 713-500-0652

E-mail: Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu>

              irinas at bcm.edu<mailto:irinas at bcm.edu>

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://med.uth.edu/bmb/faculty/irina-i-serysheva-phd/__;!!Mih3wA!AMS1XR9BaiDOKX6cuGebWqlMsXWarlRIzsdFSKqEXjfMy450LJ0kBc5rGTJc49qv5kcouX7SrWeybKt_wIFPoc4yrMr01iI1KA$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://med.uth.edu/bmb/faculty/serysheva-irina/__;!!Mih3wA!AMS1XR9BaiDOKX6cuGebWqlMsXWarlRIzsdFSKqEXjfMy450LJ0kBc5rGTJc49qv5kcouX7SrWeybKt_wIFPoc4yrMquWrp4KA$ >

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Sir Winston Churchill