[3dem] Balzers SCD 040 defect

Christiane Riedel dr.c.riedel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:52:38 PDT 2023

Dear all,

We are having issues with our Balzers SCD 040 unit. When pumping down, the vacuum reading is resting at atmospheric Pattie and the potentiometer reading is  only changing by 0,05V max.
I fear that the gauge head is defect. Has anyone already  experienced this issue and found the problem? And did anyone know a good source for spare parts? So far I mostly found them on eBay. Last but not least, do you have a recommendation for an external vacuum reading device to control the vacuum conditions in the chamber?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Christiane
ENS de Lyon