[3dem] FEG tip replacement by third party service engineer?

Berith Isaac bisaac at brandeis.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:55:01 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

We are planning to have a third-party service engineer replace the FEG tip
on our TF20. Before we order the tip (from FEI), I wanted to check if
anyone has experience with a FEG tip replacement being done by none FEI
service engineers?

I have full confidence in our engineer, who has a lot of experience working
on this scope, but this will be his first time doing a FEG tip replacement
and I was wondering if there’s anything we should be aware of before he
starts (such as a service key being required, which only FEI has access to)?

Thanks,
Berith
--
Berith Isaac