[3dem] protein can't go to holes of cryo EM grids

SSS Sasha sss_jiandan at outlook.com
Mon Oct 10 17:32:40 PDT 2022

Hi Ryan and Rajiv,

Thanks for those suggestions. Yes, I think there are some problems with GO. I will try optimize it.

Thanks so much!
Shasha

On Oct 10, 2022, at 4:05 PM, Ryan Abdella <abdel104 at umn.edu<mailto:abdel104 at umn.edu>> wrote:

Hi Sasha,

To add to what Rajiv said, it’s not clear from your image that there is even GO coating the hole that you are imaging. If have you a lot of GO on your grid, then you should see lines in your images representing the edges of GO sheets (see attached image for an egregious example). If you don’t have much GO on your grid, an atlas of a square should indicate that holes appear different (GO covered areas are usually darker) depending on the presence/absence of GO.

Best,
Ryan

<GO_grid.png>