[3dem] Amyloid processing

Sjors Scheres - MRC LMB scheres at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 03:30:31 PST 2022

Dear EM-ers,

We are getting quite a few requests for help with helical reconstruction
of amyloids. To help newcomers to this field, we recently wrote this
paper in Faradays Discussions:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2022/FD/D2FD00034B__;!!Mih3wA!CPrR3QFSKOkAIeOpp9oIs3mrHc0qQKTt6Ot10GdTSzA04v8aRXv0Ky0aKAmrhya2uSPNGT-mqEyyBWpiDAs8Sfqggl8$

It contains a detailed description by Sofia Lovestam on three of her
data sets of in vitro assembled tau filaments. You can find these data
sets, together with the full RELION project directories, on EMPIAR. The
idea is that going over these examples yourself, using Sofia's
processing as a guide, will basically be like an advanced amyloid tutorial.

Have fun!

Sjors

--
Sjors Scheres