[3dem] Excessive drift/motion on 2nm ultrathin carbon coated grids

Guobin Hu gb_hu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 19:22:13 PST 2022

Dear all,
I am collecting data with 2nm ultrathin carbon coated Quantifoil holy grids and observing excessive/abnormal drift/motion in images which I did not see with regular Quantifoil grids or other type of grids. There is no indication of the microscope as the cause of drift/motion. I am curious if anyone else has also observed the similar motion/drift with 2nm ultrathin carbon coated grids. FFTs w/ and w/o  drift/motion are attached as references. Any feedback insight will be appreciated.
Thanks,Guobin