[3dem] Group leader positions at University of Sheffield - deadline 19 December 2022

Per A Bullough p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 06:56:41 PST 2022

Dear Colleague

Ranking 4th in the recent UK-wide Research Excellence Framework, the School
of Biosciences is one of the broadest groupings of biologists in the UK,
with our research and teaching spanning the full range of bioscience
disciplines. We are currently recruiting a number of new faculty members in
any area of biosciences represented by the school.

Our interests include structural biology and we have excellent facilities
for CryoEM, X-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopy; we will accept
applications from outstanding scientists using any of these techniques. We
have identified a number of strategic areas for this recruitment round, but
we are interested in strong applications from outside these areas as well.
Relevant strategic areas include Antimicrobial resistance, Mechanobiology,
'Omics' approaches to understanding disease, and Food Security.

We have a very collegial and supportive working environment. Sheffield is a
very friendly city with good cultural and sporting amenities, and excellent
connections to London and other major cities. The city sits adjacent to the
Peak District National Park- an outstanding amenity for outdoor enthusiasts.

For further details including application forms please see
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CUV141/lecturer__;!!Mih3wA!F_PMDv3Cd5-2G_ksHqnSA7g_NdPoYWdeQitE941378MIWIYsK2mLOtGjRiGHG7qpoX28BDl_75x5WAzj_2u2kjrAOk907A$ .

If you would like to have an informal discussion about the available
positions, please email me and we can then arrange a chat.

Best regards

Per Bullough

Prof. Per A. Bullough
Harrison Chair of Structural Biology
Lead, Molecular Microbiology; Biochemistry to Disease
School of Biosciences
University of Sheffield
Firth Court
Western Bank
Sheffield S10 2TN
United Kingdom

Tel:      +44 (0)114 222 4245
Fax:      +44 (0)114 222 2800
e-mail:   p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk <p.bullough at sheffield.ac.uk>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/biosciences/research/areas/molecular-microbiology__;!!Mih3wA!F_PMDv3Cd5-2G_ksHqnSA7g_NdPoYWdeQitE941378MIWIYsK2mLOtGjRiGHG7qpoX28BDl_75x5WAzj_2u2kjp7lRK7ww$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/biosciences/people/academic-staff/bullough__;!!Mih3wA!F_PMDv3Cd5-2G_ksHqnSA7g_NdPoYWdeQitE941378MIWIYsK2mLOtGjRiGHG7qpoX28BDl_75x5WAzj_2u2kjqRxaQYBg$
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.floreyinstitute.com/__;!!Mih3wA!F_PMDv3Cd5-2G_ksHqnSA7g_NdPoYWdeQitE941378MIWIYsK2mLOtGjRiGHG7qpoX28BDl_75x5WAzj_2u2kjoFQGUBqg$