[3dem] 2023 3DEM GRC announcement

Radostin Danev rado at m.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Nov 6 17:53:48 PST 2022

Dear Colleagues,

The 2023 Gordon Research Conference on Three Dimensional Electron
Microscopy will be held June 11-16 at Grand Summit Hotel at Sunday River,
Maine, USA. <
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-conference/2023/__;!!Mih3wA!Gxvg14MlXEk3jvnrRSIuamUYU-ZcOoCAc0XJwAbEECuRAAoTkMXtfKB6slzU9ZslgcMeJpo3jDBOU3kr0WJGCro$  >
The meeting will highlight the latest technical and research developments
in our field. It is open for applications, and we are now starting to
review them periodically and accept participants.

The Gordon Research Seminar for early career researchers will be held
before the GRC (June 10-11) at the same location. <
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-grs-conference/2023/__;!!Mih3wA!Gxvg14MlXEk3jvnrRSIuamUYU-ZcOoCAc0XJwAbEECuRAAoTkMXtfKB6slzU9ZslgcMeJpo3jDBOU3kr1PPGwNo$  >
There will be a separate announcement of the GRS, but please keep in mind
that if you would like to attend the seminar, you must apply from its
webpage. The GRC and GRS have separate application and review processes and
acceptance to one does not guarantee acceptance to the other!

*A few important points:*

• Priority will be given to applicants with posters and those who have
provided at least a title instead of TBA/TBD. If you have not included such
information, please log into your myGRC account (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://my.grc.org/__;!!Mih3wA!Gxvg14MlXEk3jvnrRSIuamUYU-ZcOoCAc0XJwAbEECuRAAoTkMXtfKB6slzU9ZslgcMeJpo3jDBOU3krfvsE7lo$  ) and
update it.

• For students, postdocs, and lab staff members, please include the name of
your advisor/PI/group leader in the activities or abstract field.

• To give every lab a chance to have students/postdocs at the meeting,
there may need to be limits on the number of people from each lab.

• If you are accepted and need a visa, a letter of invitation will become
available in your myGRC account after you register. Please look for it
under the conference name on the "Resources" row.

• If you are not accepted on first screening, you will be put on the
waiting list and will be notified. This means that your application may be
accepted at a later date depending on the total number of applications and
possible cancellations.

The meetings have been heavily oversubscribed in recent years and making
acceptance decisions is a very difficult task. Please understand that due
to the limited number of attendees and our strive for diversity in
geography, gender, career level, research topic, etc. we may not be able to
accept all applications and we apologize sincerely to those who will not be
able to be accepted.

With kind regards,

Rado and Sriram
(chairs of the 2023 3DEM GRC)