[3dem] mammalian cell freezing question for continuous carbon grids

Anderson, Erik David Erik.Anderson at bcm.edu
Sun May 29 08:46:19 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies! @Chen I am using a Leica Emgp, but we do have a vitrobot, and so re Dr. Kirchweger’s suggestion will try using that. And thank you for the paper and sharing your experience Dr. Hu, I agree holey carbon seem to work the best for this sort of system (I will likely just need to wait for our order to arrive). I had tried manual plunging when I did side blot, but perhaps I could try it with backblotting and see if that helps improve ice.

Thanks again for the replies and advice!

-Erik