[3dem] Postdoctoral opportunity for image analysis at Carnegie Mellon University

Min Xu xumin100 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 17:51:26 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Please find below details for a postdoc position in my lab.

Min Xu’s lab at the Computational Biology Department in the School of
Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University is looking for one
postdoctoral research associate who will be using cutting-edge computer
vision and machine learning tools for analyzing cryo-electron tomography
and / or other biomedical image data. Will support ongoing research
programs in the lab and manage sub-projects, write up results as journal or
conference papers.

Qualifications:

* Doctorate degree in computation or biology or related fields.
* A good track of publication records in related areas.
* Excellent analytical and oral/written communication skills.
* Experiences in biomedical image analysis would be a plus

Interested applicants, please submit a CV with a publication list, and
contact information for three references via email to (mxu1 at cs.cmu.edu).

Lab website
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cs.cmu.edu_-7Emxu1&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=qozlu2gvA9_7AQg5xb5dygu-gLx1TyMGlQACyrJ3bJQNhKWyE08ujmgPSsL6u8CE&s=3ESGUNFnka3c1buub4OPWa9ofSYze49JJpG-Qs-_hnc&e=

List of publications (selected papers are highlighted)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__xulabs.github.io_publication_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=qozlu2gvA9_7AQg5xb5dygu-gLx1TyMGlQACyrJ3bJQNhKWyE08ujmgPSsL6u8CE&s=Ee3vrF2hq7b6HwhOlLcphEY3P29M46wwAzNgNTCqSzw&e=

Open-source software
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_xulabs_aitom&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=qozlu2gvA9_7AQg5xb5dygu-gLx1TyMGlQACyrJ3bJQNhKWyE08ujmgPSsL6u8CE&s=0f4HdQTgMTf82nUjaQCpwxquYEfp3uiWPaadNDAQsQo&e=

Best regards,

Min Xu, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, Computational Biology Department
Courtesy Faculty, Robotics Institute
School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
Email: mxu1 at cs.cmu.edu
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cs.cmu.edu_-7Emxu1&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=qozlu2gvA9_7AQg5xb5dygu-gLx1TyMGlQACyrJ3bJQNhKWyE08ujmgPSsL6u8CE&s=j9I3kyGR-pHYkPJ5bpiccyJIjN63n5-jYOA8EJjBzwU&e=

-------------------------------------

The School of Computer Science (SCS) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US is a leading private school for computer
science established in 1988. It has been consistently ranked among the best
computer science and artificial intelligence programs in US over the
decades. SCS is the largest academic organization devoted to the study of
computers. Its seven degree-granting departments—the Computer Science
Department, the Human-Computer Interaction Institute, the Institute for
Software Research, the Computational Biology Department, the Language
Technologies Institute, the Machine Learning Department, and the Robotics
Institute—include over 250 faculty, 700 graduate students, and a 250-member
professional technical staff. The Computational Biology Department (CBD) is
a division within the SCS. CBD is one of the earliest established
computational biology programs in US. It is a leading department for
developing rigorous algorithmic and machine learning approaches for solving
biomedical problems.