[3dem] postdoc position in mitochondrial structural and cellular biology - Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen (Kummer)

Eva Kummer eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk
Tue May 17 23:52:21 PDT 2022

Dear all,

we are looking for an excellent, highly motivated and self-organized postdoctoral candidate to join our young group at the Center for Protein Research at the University of Copenhagen. The postdoc project aims to investigate how mitochondria maintain the integrity of their genetic information using molecular cell biology and single particle cryo-EM. We are specifically looking for someone with significant experience in mammalian cell culture techniques, purification of recombinantly expressed proteins and strong proficiency in cryo-electron microscopy (single particle or cryo-ET). At CPR, you will join a collaborative and international environment.

The position is available from 01 October 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.

For more information, please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__employment.ku.dk_faculty_-3Fshow-3D156551&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=ebNzifuUjxURJVOX03K5ocX-1hZHeraSwxI9gqd2-7Z8R2YZSqaNiP2Ab4YJxZKq&s=VOLboIGqbMfwulcXL7TCmEP7Hyw4Vv3unvtcARHZFzs&e=

The Center for Protein Research hosts research groups of different disciplines ranging from systems biology, proteomics, and chemical biology, to disease biology. The primary methodological approaches of our laboratory are single particle cryo-electron microscopy and protein and RNA biochemistry. Our group profits from generous funding by an NNF-CPR core grant and a Hallas Møller Emerging Investigator grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. We have access to a fully equipped mammalian and insect cell culture facility in house and state-of-the-art fluorescence and electron microscopy instrumentation at CPR and CFIM (Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy at the University of Copenhagen). In addition, CPR entertains several core facilities including protein production, crystallography, biophysics, high performance computing, mass spectrometry, and genomics.

Please get in touch for informal inquiries via eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk

Application deadline is 14 June 2022. Application will have to be submitted via the online application portal of Copenhagen University.

I am looking forward to be hearing from you.
With best wishes,
Eva

Eva Kummer
Group Leader / Associate Professor

University of Copenhagen
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Protein Structure and Function Program
Blegdamsvej 3B
2200 København N

<mailto:eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk>

<mailto:eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cpr.ku.dk_research_protein-2Dstructure-2Dfunction-2Dprogram_kummer_&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=ebNzifuUjxURJVOX03K5ocX-1hZHeraSwxI9gqd2-7Z8R2YZSqaNiP2Ab4YJxZKq&s=dT_gs4rey3ov60JFx4lE3bCJkDie6FFC7_JMJcof2lc&e=