[3dem] Operating system for local server environment

Kilian Schnelle kilian.schnelle at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue May 10 03:48:27 PDT 2022

We are running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on our HPC without any problems so far.

I self had experience with CentOS 7 before but switching to Ubuntu was not that much of a difference for most, I mean mostly you may have to google the corresponding package name since they differ in yum/apt. I choose Ubuntu over Rocky/Alma since I didn’t knew what would “win” and also the support times of Ubuntu LTS versions is great, same as the obvious advantage of having a huge user base.

Cheers
Kilian

Kilian Schnelle
Department of Structural Biology