[3dem] Cryo-electron microscopy of proteins

Debasish Kumar Ghosh [MAHE-KMC] debasish.kumar at manipal.edu
Mon May 9 22:54:54 PDT 2022

Dear Colleague,

I am reaching out to know for a possibility of a doing cryo-electron microscopy of a couple of proteins to understand their structures. We have a couple of interesting endoplasmic reticulum proteins which are required for proteostasis. Recently, we found an insertion mutation (25 amino acid insertion) in one protein, leading to fatal type osteogenesis imperfecta in an individual. Since the structure of the wild-type protein in not solved, we are curious to understand the structure of the wild-type and the mutant proteins to understand the structural basis of the pathogenicity. Besides having the clinical data, we also have the preliminary data of cellular pathophysiology. Also, we have the bacterially expressible clones, and we have also standardized purifying recombinant wild-type and mutant proteins.

I though one can help us in doing the structural study of the proteins by cryo-electron microscopy. I will be extremely happy to collaborate on this project and beyond.

I am happily open for a further discuss on this in a more extensive manner.

Best regards,
Debasish
Debasish Kumar Ghosh, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor