[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Seminar - April 4, 2022

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 23 14:26:18 PDT 2022

We are pleased to invite you to our April 2022 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, April 4, 2022, 8:00-9:30 AM (Pacific Time).

SPEAKERS:
Dr. Steven J. Ludtke, Charles C. Bell Professor at Baylor College of Medicine
Talk Title: Compositional and conformational variability in CryoEM and CryoET: structural biology in context
Bio: Dr. Ludtke is the Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Baylor College of Medicine. He also serves as Academic Director of the CryoEM/ET Core, Co-director of the CIBR Center, and Deputy Director of BCM's ATC Program. For the last 25 years Dr. Ludtke and his group have been developing the EMAN/EMAN2 software suites for CryoEM and CryoET analysis. He was awarded the Burton Medal by the Microscopy Society of America in 2008 for this work, and leading up to the resolution revolution a decade ago, EMAN was the leading software package in CryoEM. EMAN2 has now shifted significantly to include CryoET and subtomogram averaging, combined with deep learning approaches to study variability in assemblies.

Dr. Wolfgang Jäger, Professor at University of Kiel
Talk Title: Advanced and in situ TEM for the development of high-efficiency solar cells
Bio: Following his education in physics and early appointments as a scientist at institutes in the USA and in Germany, Wolfgang Jäger was appointed Professor and Director at the Institute of Materials Science of the Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel, Germany, in 1996. He contributed to establishing the infrastructure and the study course system in Materials Science and initiated and coordinated several interdisciplinary activities at the Kiel University.

Please register soon at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stanford.zoom.us_webinar_register_WN-5FVWKdNnibQ7ir7-2DBbtM2bXg&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=8CX2hXteHMbU0gWz_TqVSQ0FgyjSE5ao7N6aVOstPEBtC7OK_T0nuOEkPxyZIFpG&s=XgzmP6KWAGySvhoj1bKMOMpCcqE7Xf-ZTtKxVsXlpbI&e=   and visit our official website at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__emx.stanford.edu_&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=8CX2hXteHMbU0gWz_TqVSQ0FgyjSE5ao7N6aVOstPEBtC7OK_T0nuOEkPxyZIFpG&s=zKHhLLUc3Nhb8-sdFBG7HwteoWdtvvTvPUryI8M-j9E&e= .

We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Best,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Stanford University