[3dem] Postdoc Position at the Basque Center for Biophysics

Igor Tascon igor.tascon at ehu.eus
Wed Mar 16 04:31:54 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to draw your attention to this Postdoc position at the Basque Center for Biophysics (IBF; https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biofisika.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=XU43ohR-1FqpJPWjhFQsqeInglbj9u1UEPRKS4Z-m2o&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biofisika.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=ThzC6bsnIjM41uaTBdhDTX6d9Vy2tEPEDWfC7MB4aI8&e= >) in Bilbao (Basque Country, Spain):

OFFER – Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM

Publication date: March 9, 2022

We invite highly motivated candidates to apply for an immediately available postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Dr. Iban Ubarretxena at Basque Centre for Biophysics (IBF; https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.biofisika.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=XU43ohR-1FqpJPWjhFQsqeInglbj9u1UEPRKS4Z-m2o&e= ) in Bilbao, Spain. Our laboratory employs cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to uncover the structure and function of proteins involved in human disease. For recent publications from the laboratory please see: Nature Commun. 2022 13:1050; Nature Commun. 2020 10:2699; Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2020 10:913; and Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2019 26:955.

Description of the project and position offered

We seek highly qualified applicants with experience in single-particle cryo-EM data processing and 3D reconstruction. The laboratory provides access to an outstanding in house cryo-EM facility, which includes a ThermoFisher Krios G4 paired with Gatan ́s BioContinuum Imaging Filter and a K3 direct electron detector. The facility also includes specimen preparation equipment and GPU-based computer clusters for image processing and 3D reconstruction.

The IBF is a joint research centre of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). In partnership with Fundación Biofísica Bizkaia (FBB), the centre focuses on advancing knowledge about the physical and chemical processes underlying biology and disease. With the FBB accredited as a Basque Excellence Research Centre (BERC) by the Basque Government, the IBF and FBB partnership enjoys a strong national and international reputation, and provides outstanding shared facilities for advanced biophysical and structural biology approaches in a new research building in the main Leioa campus of the UPV/EHU.

We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references by through the Biofisika website contact page (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__biofisika.org_contact_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=5o5j6ZZuj8dk2YK3Dg6snZEq9B3nvairtugT7OdW67c&e=  ), adding the following subject: [Job Application: 97_IU_PN].

Deadline: April 15, 2022

Please note, that due to the large number of applicants expected, it will not be possible to communicate the evaluation results to all the candidates.

Best,
---
Dr. Igor Tascón
Ikerbasque Research Fellow
Structural biology of disease
mechanisms lab
BIOFISIKA Institute (UPV/EHU-CSIC)
Barrio Sarriena s/n
48940 Leioa. Bizkaia. Basque Country
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__biofisika.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=dQURyAyRRd9qSNRr1SxJhrWl0PNlUTcDsiLFH_AhfnY&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__biofisika.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=DWOWeXKcpaSuqd_rjC1zyJqQzC2pblxTiPX_CHQrmZTULVac8GlOh9XRdPDiPMUz&s=dQURyAyRRd9qSNRr1SxJhrWl0PNlUTcDsiLFH_AhfnY&e= >
Phone: +34946013348
Email: igor.tascon at ehu.eus
ORCID 000-0003-2526-6238