[3dem] Release of MotionCor2 1.5

Shawn Zheng szheng at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 9 10:30:15 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues:

MotionCor2 1.5 implements the smart-grid function capable of detecting,
thus avoiding empty areas in micrographs for more robust local motion
correction. Our test based on a set of 20 movies of apoferritin collected
at 30 degree with 4 movies containing some empty areas shows improvement on
FSC distributions, see the following figure. We hope this new release can
indeed deliver better motion correction in your quest for high-res
structures of great importance. Thanks again to Jonathan Lefman and Guillaume
Thomas-Collignon of NVidia for improving MotionCor2 efficiency.

Best
Shawn

[image: SmartGrid_Apoferr_FSCs.jpg]