[3dem] How to add customer codes to relion

Takanori Nakane tnakane.protein at osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 19 17:43:17 PDT 2022

Hi,

- If the task is independent from RELION, you can call your own
program/script from RELION pipeline as an External job.

- If the task has to be executed every iteration during refinement
(e.g. density modification / filtering), you can use the external
reconstruction feature as a hook. SIDESPLITTER uses this mechanism.

- If you really need to modify RELION's behavior, well, you have
to hack the source code. Your mileage may vary.

- Writing a new program with RELION's library functions is simple;
   write your own program and put it in the src/app folder.
   src/app/xxx.cpp will be compiled as relion_xxx.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane