[3dem] Postdoc position in the Netherlands

t.sharp at lumc.nl t.sharp at lumc.nl
Sun Jul 10 01:20:30 PDT 2022

We have a postdoc position open at the LUMC in the Netherlands - If you have experience with cryoEM and want to image proteins inside nuclei with therapeutic potential, please get in touch!

This collaborative project involves structural biology of intranuclear therapeutics, together with Leiden University and an industrial partner. Oculopharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy (OPMD) is a protein aggregation myopathy caused by a mutation in Poly(A) Binding Protein Nuclear 1 (PABPN1) causing insoluble intranuclear deposits. We have a potential therapy; an intrabody that reduces aggregation and can restore muscle function in model organisms. We aim to acquire an accurate assessment of intrabody binding to PABPN1 within the cell nucleus using structural- and nano- biology.

Please see here for more information and don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lumc.nl/over-het-lumc/werken-bij/overzicht/postdoc-pabpni?setlanguage=English&setcountry=en__;!!Mih3wA!H4xU9hNln0k9z3pZKWeUxCfRA-5AjF2sZeT7OWvQqTpfLelIRk31S5f7n7-5Xh3zAlGeVR9GT2e4d9HG5t4$

All the best,

Thom

Dr. Thomas H. Sharp
Associate Professor
PI: Bio-Nanopatterning
* 0031-(0)-7152-69499
* t.sharp at lumc.nl<mailto:t.sharp at lumc.nl>
Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ccb.lumc.nl/about-the-sharp-lab-90__;!!Mih3wA!H4xU9hNln0k9z3pZKWeUxCfRA-5AjF2sZeT7OWvQqTpfLelIRk31S5f7n7-5Xh3zAlGeVR9GT2e4_ZMHMVM$
Visiting address: LUMC Bldg. 2, Office R-90-10 (Lab S-01-40), Einthovenweg 20, 2333 ZC Leiden