[3dem] MRI close to EM?

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 5 00:58:30 PDT 2022

Dear Benoit, dear all,
I had a colleague in Physics dept who had a 300 kV TEM (F30, TEM and STEM)
with bottom-mounted Energy filter, in operation for 15+X years, in close
vicinity to two NMR machines.
IF there would have been any problems over the years, I would have heard of
these problems. And, these people would not have installed those expensive
machines ... these dept (physics, and biophysics) talked to each other friendly

caveat: yes, I have to admit that I do NOT know about the details of modern
MRI machines.

>>> I heard from one facility with a Glacios located close to an NMR. The
>>> head of the facility told me that they have noticed no issue with it.
They
>>> routinely obtain high-resolution structures with the microscope.
>>>
>>> I would be pleased to gather more experiences.
>>>    - Have you got an MRI/NMR located close to your EM?
>>>    - Have you noticed interferences?
>>>
>>> Many thanks in advance
>>> Kind regards
>>> Benoit

kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29
member of the IFSM board

Next microscopy conferences:
- MC2023, DGE: 26.2.-2.3. 2023
- next European EM conf.: EMC2024 in Kopenhagen, August 2024
- IMC20 in Busan, South Korea: Sept, 2023
- next Microbiol. conferences:  VAAM 26.2.-1.3. 2023 - Göttingen