[3dem] cryo-ET postdoc position in mitochondrial genome maintenance - Center for Protein Research at the University of Copenhagen (Kummer)

Eva Kummer eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk
Fri Jan 28 00:41:37 PST 2022

Final reminder: The application deadline for our postdoc position in in situ cryoEM of mitochondrial genome maintenance is approaching on 31 January 2022!

My group is looking for an excellent and highly motivated postdoc to investigate mitochondrial dynamics and their correlation with maintenance and expression of mitochondrial DNA. We look for someone to drive establishment of in situ imaging workflows including correlative light and electron microscopy, FIB milling and cryo-electron tomography in our group. Prior experience with cryo-EM is therefore necessary - either single particle or cryoET. Training and experimental work will be done in house and at external EM facilities within Europe. This project is perfect for someone with a passion for methods and their implementation.

Our group profits from generous funding by an NNF-CPR core grant and a Hallas Moller Emerging Investigator grant from the Novo Nordisk Foundation. We have access to state-of-the-art electron microscopy infrastructure at CFIM (Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy at the University of Copenhagen) including a Titan Krios and Glacios. You will join an international and highly collaborative environment.

The position is available from May 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.

For details, please visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__employment.ku.dk_faculty_-3Fshow-3D155424&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=PoH4CczaVribBEXGssEeiIMklJa14XUxl7GLyX_fZ7R5MWYV927Yo397x-eQgiNs&s=Fb34ky5TP16cfG17R6Xh5SdgAQ76AL_raZSqsihCV_s&e=

Applications need to be submitted via the University online portal:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__candidate.hr-2Dmanager.net_ApplicationForm_SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx-3Fcid-3D1307-26departmentId-3D19221-26ProjectId-3D155424-26MediaId-3D4636&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=PoH4CczaVribBEXGssEeiIMklJa14XUxl7GLyX_fZ7R5MWYV927Yo397x-eQgiNs&s=TMTmvnSObjWEoggwxM7bjDcPvBTze3q4jbuqxlGoFf8&e=

For informal inquiries, please contact me directly: eva.kummer at cpr.ku.dk
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cpr.ku.dk_research_protein-2Dstructure-2Dfunction-2Dprogram_kummer_&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=PoH4CczaVribBEXGssEeiIMklJa14XUxl7GLyX_fZ7R5MWYV927Yo397x-eQgiNs&s=yCYp4d8A_FUNOPrzF9lr1FXGsq2Kky-j2GUBcvlsHBU&e=

I am looking forward to your application.
All the best,
Eva

Eva Kummer
Group Leader / Associate Professor

University of Copenhagen
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
Protein Structure and Function Program
Blegdamsvej 3B
2200 Kobenhavn N