[3dem] contamination...leopard?

jb buerger at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Jan 5 06:16:38 PST 2022

Hello together,
what would be the best or maximum time to pump the airlock at the Tecnai
Spirit Scope??
I changed allready from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
Vacuum values look good.
We suffer a lot from contamination and different ice formations since
quite some time... every grid looks different.
How can we check if the clip ring at the Gatan holder 626 is perfectly
adjusted?
I mean this is the place where the grid has to have the perfect contact
a heat bridge to the holder.
How can we check cryo-box or cryo-shield?
Kind regards
Jörg

****************************
Jörg Bürger

Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Institut für Medizinische Physik und Biophysik
Charitéplatz 1, CCO - Virchowweg 6
10117 Berlin

Max Planck Institut für molekulare Genetik
Microscopy and Cryo-EM microscopy group
Ihnestr. 63-73
14195 Berlin

tel. 030-8413-1644/1278