[3dem] PhD and Postdoctoral positions in cryoEM studies of mineral formation in marine algae, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel

Lior Aram lior.aram at weizmann.ac.il
Wed Jan 5 00:21:34 PST 2022

Dear all,

We are looking for highly motivated and talented PhD students and postdoctoral fellows to join our lab. These funded positions are available for international and Israeli applicants.

In our research, we try to understand the mystery of mineral formation by the most abundant unicellular algae in modern oceans. Our main tools are cryo electron microscopy and spectroscopy that, in combination with material science approaches, allow us to study the nanoscale mineralization mechanisms.

Our lab has full access to the electron microscopy unit at the Weizmann Institute of Science, which is equipped with a wide range of microscopes and sample preparation equipment (automatic plunger, cryo FIB-SEM, Talos Arctica, Titan Krios and Themis). We also have all the expertise and equipment for application of biochemical and material science methodologies.

For more details about our research, go to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.weizmann.ac.il_plants_gal_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=SVBMpYGA6z5WY04lbKgg0pBDvvTMY97Sm24nzajpYSub0pFxuJiHENdVqawX6jd1&s=2j0HXpYYKXwiJA7GBD34qOGAOjXCwC8AamoLhjx7Y7M&e=

If you are interested in the fascinating process of mineral formation by some of the most important organisms on earth, we encourage you to send your application to assaf.gal at weizmann.ac.il

Kind regards,
Lior

Lior Aram, PhD
Senior Intern in Dr. Assaf Gal's lab
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Tel: 08-9346714