[3dem] Postdoctoral Position immediately available in my group at Genentech (up to 4 years)

Claudio Ciferri ciferri.claudio at gene.com
Wed Feb 2 08:30:14 PST 2022

Dear All,

A Postdoctoral Position is immediately available in my group at Genentech
to investigate protein complexes involved in several disease areas,
including  Infectious Disease, Oncology, Cancer Immunology, and
Neurobiology.

At Genentech, our well-established Structural Biology Department provides a
unique opportunity for postdocs to join our team and be fostered in one of
the most productive and scientifically stimulating research environments.
This will include state-of-the-art technology for high-resolution cryoEM
and X-ray structure determination (including 2 Titan Krios equipped with
Direct Detector and Energy Filter, Glacios/Talos Screening Microscope, and
a virtually unlimited computer cluster for data processing).

*Who you are:*

   - Obtained (or in the last year of) a Ph.D. in structural biology,
   biochemistry, molecular biology, or similar field of research.
   - Expertise in protein purification, biophysical characterization, and
   structure determination of multi-protein complexes using X-ray
   crystallography and/or single-particle cryo-EM is required, as evidenced by
   a strong record of first-author publications in top peer-reviewed journals.
   - Experience in protein engineering along with biophysical
   characterization methods for protein-protein interactions, such as
   surface-plasmon resonance (SPR) or bio-layer interferometry (BLI), will be
   considered a plus.
   - Highly motivated and detail-oriented researcher, driven to solve
   complex scientific problems, and able to work both independently and in a
   collaborative environment.
   - Strong oral and written communication skills are required.