[3dem] Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Seminar - December 5, 2022

Dunn, Lisa B. lisa at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:24:31 PST 2022

We are pleased to invite you to our December 2022 Stanford Electron Microscopy-X (EM-X) Symposium on Monday, December 5, 2022, 8:00-9:30 AM (PST) featuring Prof. Peijun Zhang and Dr. Thomas Kelly.  Please register here: Stanford EM-X Registration<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JDIa4Au4T4qnPLN_iepmhg__;!!Mih3wA!C6xl67SEg0grKRjNdupyHa6vfNd6Vntu0S1NxrFaNuuYzCXVfEgIqMN9ZPHyK99zIzPCOprBk0lifjoR9oE9kTU$ >.

Prof. Peijun Zhang
Professor of Structural Biology and Wellcome Trust Investigator at the University of Oxford Nuffield Department of Medicine
Talk title: Interrogating Human Viruses on a New Level
Bio: Dr. Peijun Zhang is a Professor of Structural Biology in the Nuffield Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford and the founding director of eBIC (the UK National Electron Bio-imaging Centre) at the Diamond Light Source. She is a leading expert in the fields cryoEM and cryoET of molecular complexes and assemblies, especially those involved in the assembly and infection of human viruses such as HIV-1.

Dr. Thomas F. Kelly
Founder, President, and CEO of Steam Instruments
Talk title: Progress Toward Atomic-Scale Analytical Tomography
Bio: Thomas Kelly is a materials scientist who has focused on atomic-scale imaging and analysis and was responsible for inventing and commercializing the current state-of-the-art atom probe, the Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP). He is currently Founder, President and CEO of Steam Instruments which is developing innovative imaging mass spectrometry instrumentation.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Wah Chiu
Wallenberg-Bienenstock Professor
Department of Bioengineering
Division of CryoEM and Bioimaging, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Stanford University