[3dem] Multiple positions available at SUSTech in China

Maofu Liao maofuliao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:32:38 PDT 2022

The *Maofu Liao* lab has recently relocated to Southern University of
Science and Technology (SUSTech) in Shenzhen, China. We have multiple
openings of
(1) Postdoctoral fellow;
(2) Visiting scholar/student;
(3) Research assistant/associate professor.

Our research focuses on (1) establishing new EM application methods for
biological discovery, (2) using cryo-EM to understand how dynamic molecular
machines work, and (3) developing novel therapeutic strategies based on
molecular structure and mechanism.
Our full publication list:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/maofu.liao.1/bibliography/46056746/public/?sort=date__;!!Mih3wA!C_fauC7xVTkF5fe7DN7fU6dkM1RkCrSLumNPb4futDnhByk7U2qB5Od_kA5rq_u_KJlApwDdd0KnAytFWSsq$

We offer globally competitive salary and benefits, as well as excellent
research support. The *EM facility at SUSTech* houses six Titan Krios,
Aquilos Cryo-FIB, Talos L120C G2, Volumescope 2 SEM, Helios G4 UC DualBeam
microscope, etc. *Shenzhen* is a remarkably vibrant and dynamic city,
located in the center of the Guangdong-Hongkong-Macau Greater Bay Area,
booming in the areas including biomedicine and precision medicine.

Applicants are not expected to have previous cryo-EM experience. The
following research experience is highly desired:
1) Membrane protein biochemistry and structural biology;
2) Computational biology (virtual screen, MD simulation, AI, protein
design, …);
3) Mass spectrometry;
4) Gene editing.

Interested applicants should submit their CV and a brief introductory
statement to Maofu Liao at: liaomf at sustech.edu.cn

Maofu Liao, Ph.D.
School of Life Science
Southern University of Science and Technology
Xueyuan Avenue 1088, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

E-mail: liaomf at sustech.edu.cn
Web: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sustech.edu.cn/en/faculties/maofuliao.html__;!!Mih3wA!C_fauC7xVTkF5fe7DN7fU6dkM1RkCrSLumNPb4futDnhByk7U2qB5Od_kA5rq_u_KJlApwDdd0KnA6B5Fllj$
Web (old HMS site): https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://liao.hms.harvard.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!C_fauC7xVTkF5fe7DN7fU6dkM1RkCrSLumNPb4futDnhByk7U2qB5Od_kA5rq_u_KJlApwDdd0KnA0on53o-$