[3dem] Postdoc position in cell cycle regulation

Andreas Boland Andreas.Boland at unige.ch
Sat Apr 2 09:38:36 PDT 2022

Dear cryoEM community,
The Boland lab in the Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology at the University of Geneva, Switzerland is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral fellow in our group (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bolandlab.org&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=lUPHoeuvtXQDofCIkU4hPXpNKnb3oe7VSKlk0sYGYgGVkLQ3a5OoXOMuUE-D5T0A&s=PM2vgPgssWTEwHl73nidGwZmptOXLY61BJBQADu2y54&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bolandlab.org_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=lUPHoeuvtXQDofCIkU4hPXpNKnb3oe7VSKlk0sYGYgGVkLQ3a5OoXOMuUE-D5T0A&s=cpB0f3eT9yRK4yd1LFDo9LIjOUL7pyq3WmHAZBASdpU&e= >).
Our lab uses Structural Biology methods such as cryogenic electron microscopy (single particles analysis and in future electron tomography) together with complementary biophysical techniques (proteomics, light microscopy, expansion microscopy, microfluidics, etc.), to address complex biological questions in the field of cell cycle regulation and cell signaling.

We offer:
The University of Geneva (UNIGE) ranks among the world’s top scientific universities. It is located in Geneva (Switzerland), a beautiful, vibrant and highly international city on the shores of scenic Lake Geneva. Geneva frequently ranks amongst the cities with the highest life quality in the world.
The successful candidate has constant access to a state-of-the-art microscope facility including a 200 keV Talos Arctica microscope, two 300 keV Titan Krios G4, equipped with Falcon-IV detectors, Cold-FEG electron sources and SelectrisX energy filter, as well as several screening microscopes.
The University of Geneva is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The position is fully funded and offers a competitive salary.

Start date:
The position is available immediately, the start date is flexible. Applications should be sent to Andreas.Boland at unige.ch<mailto:Andreas.Boland at unige.ch> and include a Cover letter, CV, and the contact information for two references.