[3dem] Research Topic in Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences - Call for contributions

felix.weis at embl.de felix.weis at embl.de
Sun Sep 26 10:17:02 PDT 2021

Dear all,
Together with Rebecca Thompson (University of Leeds) and Arjen Jakobi (Delft University of Technology) we are co-editing a Topic collection on “Challenges and Solutions in Sample Preparation for High-Resolution Cryo-Electron Microscopy (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.frontiersin.org_research-2Dtopics_24784_challenges-2Dand-2Dsolutions-2Din-2Dsample-2Dpreparation-2Dfor-2Dhigh-2Dresolution-2Dcryo-2Delectron-2Dmicroscopy&d=DwMFaQ&c=XYzUhXBD2cD-CornpT4QE19xOJBbRy-TBPLK0X9U2o8&r=D1ILr-LNOMGqt1qo-zsdtVsmr4I50KRZdcn6bv1MFNw&m=MhldKQ3a1W6TIhjelByp0E-K47bfn5vD662BN6tB0Zw&s=b1uCDMyBV_nZtHXMClZyBlIko7FwerWZNpyAmzWp7HU&e=)” in Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences.
We would like to invite you to contribute: we are particularly interested in receiving contributions reporting or reviewing experimental and methodological details and twists on cryo-EM sample preparation that do not commonly make it into manuscripts reporting the structures and biological results, but collectively could form a useful Open Access resource for the whole cryo-EM community. We are welcoming contributions both from academy and from industry/companies.
There are a variety of formats that a contribution could take; for more details please have a look at the specific article formats (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.frontiersin.org_journals_molecular-2Dbiosciences-23article-2Dtypes&d=DwMFaQ&c=XYzUhXBD2cD-CornpT4QE19xOJBbRy-TBPLK0X9U2o8&r=D1ILr-LNOMGqt1qo-zsdtVsmr4I50KRZdcn6bv1MFNw&m=MhldKQ3a1W6TIhjelByp0E-K47bfn5vD662BN6tB0Zw&s=CYrcoJfR1rL4FnpONdwvFFe_AOmwpvanZCpDVQnc_1k&e=) from the journal.
The deadline for an expression of interest and abstract submission is 25 October 2021, with a (flexible) deadline for manuscript submission by 23 February 2022. You can find additional details in the description of the Research Topic under the link at the top of this E-mail.
We would be very happy if you would consider contributing to this Research Topic.
Please do not hesitate to contact one of us in case of questions.
Yours,
Felix Weis (EMBL Heidelberg)
also on behalf of Rebecca and Arjen