[3dem] Postdoc Openings at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine

Edward Twomey twomey at jhmi.edu
Mon Sep 13 10:22:05 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I have openings in my lab for postdocs interested in expanding into new areas of structural biology in tight junctions and paracellular channels using cryo-EM and cryo-ET. Please see the posting below from JobRxiv:

The Twomey Lab at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine seeks postdoctoral fellows interested in using single particle cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) to understand the mechanisms of tight junction assembly and paracellular permeation in epithelial and endothelial cells. The applicants will use both cryo-EM and cryo-ET, in combination with purification from natural sources, biochemistry, in vitro reconstitution, and biophysical techniques. Candidates will start ASAP, but the target start date is negotiable. Postdocs will have unencumbered access to our Titan Krios (with Falcon IV, Selectris energy filter, and phase plate) housed in the Beckman Center for Cryo-EM at Johns Hopkins.

Candidates should have a strong background in protein biochemistry/biophysics, cryo-EM, cryo-ET, cell biology, and/or computational biology, have a sense of independence, and should be motivated to push the boundaries of structural biology to investigate tight junction physiology. Applicants must also have excellent communication skills, and must have a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in a related field by the start date.

The projects are already supported by strong biochemical foundations, cell culture, stable cell lines, and a strong, collaborative environment.

Interested applicants should apply directly to Dr. Edward Twomey by sending cover letter (especially indicating future project interests), C.V., and contact information for three references to twomey at jhmi.edu<mailto:twomey at jhmi.edu>.

For more information on the openings, please also contact Dr. Twomey via email at twomey at jhmi.edu<mailto:twomey at jhmi.edu>.

Lab Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__twomeylab.com_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=19cU8h9ueee5CQ4XhvpcJyHPxpzgxy75LWKmVvXktsw&s=HUc5_Df__ZfTPOMOi0qeVpjln1NQ4GBu1KSNAjPt5Hs&e=

Department: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__biophysics.med.jhmi.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=19cU8h9ueee5CQ4XhvpcJyHPxpzgxy75LWKmVvXktsw&s=dXvHYY3EaiLuhgIQ-f5cJDEI1LbTdWraW2IsfUu4jlk&e=

Beckman Center for Cryo-EM: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cryoem.jhmi.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=19cU8h9ueee5CQ4XhvpcJyHPxpzgxy75LWKmVvXktsw&s=pqNd8ercqqCRxdikQn93HjuQm371x4TgZZ0TLcgt8PU&e=

Thanks,

Ed

Edward C. Twomey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biophysics & Biophysical Chemistry
The Solomon H. Snyder Department of Neuroscience
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

Street Address:

725 N. Wolfe St WBSB 713
Baltimore, MD 21205

Mailing Address:

1915 E. Madison St.
WBSB 713
Baltimore, MD 21205

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twomeylab.com&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=19cU8h9ueee5CQ4XhvpcJyHPxpzgxy75LWKmVvXktsw&s=9O0CeShroHazb2awmvzFlSDt53_273hlLdTDW3SAzec&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twomeylab.com&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=19cU8h9ueee5CQ4XhvpcJyHPxpzgxy75LWKmVvXktsw&s=9O0CeShroHazb2awmvzFlSDt53_273hlLdTDW3SAzec&e= >
twomey at jhmi.edu
410-502-5233 (office)
410-502-2371 (lab)