[3dem] Postdoctoral Associate in structural biology and biophysics (Arek Kulczyk, Rutgers)

Arkadiusz Kulczyk arek.kulczyk at rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 9 14:48:19 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues:

A postdoctoral position in cryo-EM studies of human mitochondrial DNA replication is available in my laboratory located in the Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine at Rutgers University in New Jersey. Kulczyk lab (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__kulczyk-2Dlab.cryoemcorp.com&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=_asqvmMYbQ_mvu3D8jOUKDAN9nBV49qmt-jtEn0wkjU&s=QdNh08lXJQ_rUGkeaI6nrEYtAY9Hmcdnez4h8WMGpMw&e= ) integrates structural approaches, in particular cryo-EM, FIB-SEM, CLEM and single-molecule methods to study biological systems with medical relevance (Kulczyk et al., 2017, PNAS, 114:1848; Duderstadt et. al., 2016, Mol Cell, 64:1035; Geertsema et al., 2014, PNAS, 111:4073; Kulczyk et al., 2012, PNAS, 109:9408; Loparo et al., 2011, PNAS, 108:3584).

Applicants should hold a PhD in structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry or in a related field and have a working knowledge of protein expression/purification and applying biophysical tools to study protein-nucleic acids interactions. Research experience in cryo-EM is desirable, however not required. The selected candidate will obtain appropriate training in microscope alignments, data acquisition, image processing and structure calculation using a variety of cryo-EM software. Newly graduated PhD scientists are particularly encouraged to apply.

The Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine at Rutgers houses the state-of-the-art cryo-EM facility with TFS Talos Arctica equipped with a Summit K2 direct electron detector and BioQuantum energy filter, Aquilos 2 cryo-FIB/SEM, Leica DM6 FS/EM cryo-CLEM, and is the world headquarters of the Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics (RCSB) consortium and the Protein Data Bank (PDB).

Interested candidates should e-mail me (arek.kulczyk at rutgers.edu) a CV and contact details of three references and apply online: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.rutgers.edu_postings_140275&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=_asqvmMYbQ_mvu3D8jOUKDAN9nBV49qmt-jtEn0wkjU&s=2bGY3cCjDy4oUfTuRFCngn_nka_MU4LO7LXdFFeJnVc&e=

With best wishes,

Arek

Arek Kulczyk, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Biochemistry

& Full Member of Cancer Institute of New Jersey

Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine, Room 208H

Department of Biochemistry & Microbiology

Rutgers University

174 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA

+1 (848) 445-4553 / kulczyk-lab.cryoemcorp.com