[3dem] Cryo-EM Researcher positions @ Penn State

Lee, Kenneth pkl5158 at psu.edu
Sun Oct 31 19:25:05 PDT 2021

Membrane Structural Biophysics at The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

The laboratory of Dr. Kenneth Lee invites applications for a postdoctoral position and a research technician position. We take a multi-disciplinary structural biology approach to study the mechanism of membrane transport proteins connected to human disease.

For the postdoc position, we are seeking dynamic and highly driven individuals with a PhD or MD/PhD degree in biochemistry, biophysics, neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology or related fields. A track-record of productivity is required. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, a broad curiosity and a passion for discovery. Expertise in membrane protein biochemistry, single-particle cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography is preferred but not required.
For the research technician position, candidates should preferably have a degree in chemical or biological sciences and one or more years research experience in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related areas.

The successful candidates will join a vibrant and diverse community of scientists and health professionals and will have outstanding on-site access to superb resources including a newly established cryo-EM facility housing a 300 kV Titan Krios G3i cryo-TEM equipped with a Volta phase plate, Gatan BioQuantum energy filter and K3 direct electron detector.

For an example of our recent work see Tillinghast et al, Molecular Cell 2021. Visit our website at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.psu.edu_leelab&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=qBKI_FIPDdIT4qOUaQDTq5LPsWCc17nBf6x1KRi49kg5_uAvyHp-kq5Abt0sBdXf&s=i4-Ab4A1xwKGY5IAjYKz3sQKnLefVrAi_DDVufGjTNg&e=  to learn more about us. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and contact information of three references to kennethlee at psu.edu<mailto:kennethlee at psu.edu>

Best Wishes,

Kenneth Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
The Pennsylvania State University