[3dem] Faraday Discussion on the challenges and future of cryo-EM

Paula da Fonseca Paula.daFonseca at glasgow.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 09:41:47 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I would like to remind you that the Royal Society of Chemistry is organising a Faraday Discussion on the Challenges in Biological Cryo-EM, to be held both at the University of Sheffield and online on the 13-15 of July 2022. This is a great opportunity to share your views and recent developments in the field. The deadline for abstracts for oral presentations is the 8 November 2021.

We are delighted to have Professor Helen Saibil delivering the Spiers Memorial Introductory Lecture, and Professor Werner Kühlbrandt giving the concluding lecture. A list of invited speakers along with further information about the event format and scope can be found here:   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.rsc.org_events_detail_40005_challenges-2Din-2Dbiological-2Dcryo-2Delectron-2Dmicroscopy-2Dfaraday-2Ddiscussion&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=HVQJ8PPqOaeBZ-TkK4Zz9qeIFB-_nl0QpRpwYPT5jPg&s=pLIwTKOuMvjWy8AedmYOt7dm6A05I257X0_if_jpPmo&e=

Faraday Discussions are unique events organised by the Royal Society of Chemistry, which are primarily focused on the discussion of unpublished works submitted by the participants prior to the event. This is a great opportunity to share your views and recent developments in the field. After the meeting, a written record of the Discussion will be published alongside the papers in the Faraday Discussions journal.

I do hope that you can join us for this event, whether in person or online.

Best wishes

Paula

--
Paula da Fonseca
Professor of Cryo-Electron Microscopy

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gla.ac.uk_researchinstitutes_biology_staff_pauladafonseca_&d=DwIFAw&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=HVQJ8PPqOaeBZ-TkK4Zz9qeIFB-_nl0QpRpwYPT5jPg&s=1Mf7Glc6Awc7JzeLuE7k6B3zT3MMQcSzfj2qOW4-gmY&e=

Institute of Molecular, Cell and Systems Biology
351 Jarrett Building, Garscube Campus
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G61 1QH

+44 (0) 141 330 7357