[3dem] Research Associate/Staff Scientist Position

Cynthia Wolberger cwolberg at jhmi.edu
Fri Oct 22 12:03:34 PDT 2021

A research associate/staff scientist position is available in the laboratory of Cynthia Wolberger (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wolbergerlab.org&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=n_GRH_l2Fze_2TeQor5LLALME5w0fwewugnIja9FcVQ&s=Rbtq-Xn1N_3GYpucymm_arW1A9eFgTvQdRXi_U775HI&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wolbergerlab.org_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=n_GRH_l2Fze_2TeQor5LLALME5w0fwewugnIja9FcVQ&s=GnyeWljCHbuYdzZZQy5DZnbR-dGnqCxKviOpKTKQnBo&e= >) at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Research in the lab focuses on mechanisms of gene regulation and ubiquitin signaling using single particle cryo-EM, x-ray crystallography, biochemistry and cell-based assays. Under the general direction of the PI, the Research Associate will devote about 75% of their time to an independent research project and about 25% of their time to helping lab members learn cryo EM sample preparation, data collection and processing. Johns Hopkins offers excellent benefits, including health, retirement and college tuition remission for dependents. We have a vibrant structural biology and biophysics community, as well as excellent resources for cryo-EM in the Beckman Cryo EM Center, which is staffed by a Ph.D. lab manager and has a Titan Krios equipped with a Gatan K3 detector (about to be upgraded with a Falcon IV/Selectris). A Glacios screening microscope will be installed in early 2022 and we have plans for purchasing a FIB-SEM in the near future.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant field, at least three years of postdoctoral training in cryo-EM, a record of publication in peer-reviewed journals, and strong verbal and written communication skills. To apply, please send a CV, brief statement of interest, and contact information for three references to Dr. Wolberger at cwolberg at jhmi.edu<mailto:cwolberg at jhmi.edu> . Feel free to reach out with questions about the position.

--
Cynthia Wolberger, Ph.D.
Professor and Director

Assistant: Latasha Oliver lolive23 at jhmi.edu<mailto:lolive23 at jhmi.edu>
Phone: (410)502-5629

Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wolbergerlab.org&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=n_GRH_l2Fze_2TeQor5LLALME5w0fwewugnIja9FcVQ&s=Rbtq-Xn1N_3GYpucymm_arW1A9eFgTvQdRXi_U775HI&e=