[3dem] postdoctoral position in cryoEM/ET and viral immunity in New York (Bajic lab)

Goran Bajic bajic at crystal.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 20 13:56:57 PDT 2021

We are looking for a postdoctoral candidate with experience in single-particle cryo-EM and willingness to learn virology and immunology.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics or a related discipline is required. Tomography (cryo-ET) experience is an asset but not a pre-requisite.

The Bajic lab uses structural biology (cryo-EM and X-ray crystallography), virology and immunology approaches to answer fundamental, mechanistic questions in immune responses to viral pathogens. The position is for a postdoctoral trainee interested in host immune recognition mechanisms of influenza, SARS-CoV-2, Chikungunya, and other viruses.

The position is available as soon as possible, but the start date is negotiable.

Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bajiclab.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=BZyBFicotXyaH3ff9XRV24FqL4AinZs7cl6bDoC6DDY&s=9ZrDm0RDI-9IC9-UDXOPbPaoATpFhiU4mrvWi6lLRZY&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bajiclab.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=BZyBFicotXyaH3ff9XRV24FqL4AinZs7cl6bDoC6DDY&s=9ZrDm0RDI-9IC9-UDXOPbPaoATpFhiU4mrvWi6lLRZY&e= >

To apply, send your C.V., cover letter, and contact information for 3 references directly to Dr. Bajic.

Goran Bajic, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Microbiology
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai